Re: Permission problem with create tablespace

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Andras Simon" <szajmi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permission problem with create tablespace
Date: 2006-10-17 01:06:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to create a new tablespace in a directory that postgres
owns, but PG says it cannot set permissions on this directory.

[root(at)localhost ~]# su - postgres
-bash-3.1$ mkdir /opt/home/pgdata/mspace/
-bash-3.1$ psql

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

postgres=# CREATE TABLESPACE mspace LOCATION '/opt/home/pgdata/mspace';
ERROR: could not set permissions on directory
"/opt/home/pgdata/mspace": Permission denied
postgres=# \q
-bash-3.1$ chmod 700 /opt/home/pgdata/mspace/
-bash-3.1$ whoami
postgres
-bash-3.1$

This is on Fedora Core 5 (x86), psql 8.1.4.

Andras

"Andras Simon" <szajmi(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> I'm trying to create a new tablespace in a directory that postgres
> owns, but PG says it cannot set permissions on this directory.

> This is on Fedora Core 5 (x86), psql 8.1.4.

SELinux, most likely.

-Doug