Re: Opening stdin/stdout in binary mode on Windows

Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Opening stdin/stdout in binary mode on Windows
Date: 2005-01-26 18:41:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Tgl wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest a way that does work to do binary I/O
> > on stdout? What about reading from stdin?
>
> After a bit of googling I came up with the attached patch. I am not
in
> a position to test it, however. Can anyone try it out?

I'll test...is there a quick way to reproduce the error?
Merlin

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2005-01-26 18:48:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

"Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com> writes:
> I'll test...is there a quick way to reproduce the error?

Try
pg_dump -Fc mydb >mydb.dump
pg_restore -l mydb.dump
and see if pg_restore complains. I'd suggest checking
all four combinations of writing to stdout or a named file and
having pg_restore read from stdin or a named file.

regards, tom lane