Re: BUG #2630: Can't unpack

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Alan Escreet" <leet3lite(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2630: Can't unpack
Date: 2006-09-15 20:47:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 2630
Logged by: Alan Escreet
Email address: leet3lite(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
Operating system: Windows
Details:

I am unable to unpack the database from the tar.gz file. I have tried all
the suggested packages to do so from the gzip website, but they were all
unsuccessful. I have checked the downloaded file's md5 checksum and it is
ok. Is there an error in the tar.gz file?
Is there a differently packaged PostgreSQL that I can try (i.e. a zip file)?
It has taken me 3 hours so far trying to get the database out of the box
with no success...

> Email address: leet3lite(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
> Operating system: Windows
> Details:
>
> I am unable to unpack the database from the tar.gz file. I
> have tried all the suggested packages to do so from the gzip
> website, but they were all unsuccessful. I have checked the
> downloaded file's md5 checksum and it is ok. Is there an
> error in the tar.gz file?
> Is there a differently packaged PostgreSQL that I can try
> (i.e. a zip file)?
> It has taken me 3 hours so far trying to get the database out
> of the box with no success...

If you're building from source, the tar package of msys should work just
fine, and you need msys anyway.

If you just want the binary installer, you are downloading the wrong
file - you'll want the ZIP archive at
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.4/win32/.

//Magnus