Re: Ready for beta2?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Ready for beta2?
Date: 2007-10-20 22:56:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have had very few beta1 issues. I am thinking we should release
beta2 next week and perhaps accelerate beta and consider a final release
in November rather than December. Because of the length of our feature
freeze it is possible we are not going to have as many beta bugs.

A Diumenge 21 Octubre 2007, Bruce Momjian va escriure:
> We have had very few beta1 issues. I am thinking we should release
> beta2 next week and perhaps accelerate beta and consider a final release
> in November rather than December. Because of the length of our feature
> freeze it is possible we are not going to have as many beta bugs.

I want to send a patch for the contrib modules by late sunday (europe here ;).
I'm doing some cleanup and organizing it a bit better and I think somebody
expected these docs to be in the second beta...

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com

> We have had very few beta1 issues. I am thinking we should release
> beta2 next week and perhaps accelerate beta and consider a final release
> in November rather than December. Because of the length of our feature
> freeze it is possible we are not going to have as many beta bugs.

We need to deal with the open questions about tsearch API before beta2.
Since we've already forced initdb for beta2, there's no cost to
additional system-catalog changes now, but that window will clang shut
again when beta2 goes out.

I'm disappointed that Oleg and Teodor haven't commented on those issues
yet ...

regards, tom lane