Ontario LinuxFest - October 13, 2007

Lists: pgsql-advocacy
From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ontario LinuxFest - October 13, 2007
Date: 2007-06-26 16:25:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

http://onlinux.ca/

Finally a grass roots conference for Linux and Open Source right here
in Ontario. The Ontario Linux Fest is a conference for all things
Linux and Open Source.

When
Saturday October 13th, 2007
8:30am to 5:30pm
Where
Toronto Congress Centre
650 Dixon Road
Toronto, Ontario
M9W 1J1

This event looks like it is intended to very much parallel Ohio
LinuxFest, and I have submitted a presentation proposal to do
something on "What's new in PostgreSQL 8.3" akin to last year's
presentation at the Ohio show.

Also worth noting:

<http://onlinux.ca/node/34>
Dot Org Sponsorship $100

If you are an Open Source project or non-profit organization you can
obtain exhibit space at the event at a significantly reduced cost.

* Exhibit space
* Logo and listing on The Ontario Linux Fest web site
* Logo and listing in the show guide
* Two (2) attendee passes

I think it would make *very* much sense to have a ".ORG" table there
as long as enough volunteers can be found to staff the booth, much as
is desired for the Ohio event. I expect that there are enough
PostgreSQL folk in Toronto to do so...
--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/sgml.html

> I think it would make *very* much sense to have a ".ORG" table there
> as long as enough volunteers can be found to staff the booth, much as
> is desired for the Ohio event. I expect that there are enough
> PostgreSQL folk in Toronto to do so...

If you can recruit/organize enough people to make this reality, I'd expect us
to pay for such an inexpensive booth.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

>> I think it would make *very* much sense to have a ".ORG" table there
>> as long as enough volunteers can be found to staff the booth, much as
>> is desired for the Ohio event. I expect that there are enough
>> PostgreSQL folk in Toronto to do so...
>
> If you can recruit/organize enough people to make this reality, I'd expect us
> to pay for such an inexpensive booth.

I would concur.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/

Oops! jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com ("Joshua D. Drake") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>>> I think it would make *very* much sense to have a ".ORG" table there
>>> as long as enough volunteers can be found to staff the booth, much as
>>> is desired for the Ohio event. I expect that there are enough
>>> PostgreSQL folk in Toronto to do so...
>> If you can recruit/organize enough people to make this reality, I'd
>> expect us to pay for such an inexpensive booth.
>
> I would concur.

If that "advocacy" section is opening up on the wiki, I will see about
using that to collect info in preparation for this...
--
"cbbrowne","@","cbbrowne.com"
http://linuxfinances.info/info/finances.html

> If that "advocacy" section is opening up on the wiki, I will see about
> using that to collect info in preparation for this...

You can get started now. Branch off this page:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Events

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus