Re: how to encrypt trigger function

Lists: pgsql-novice
From: "Winson Yung" <winson(dot)yung(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to encrypt trigger function
Date: 2006-04-05 21:22:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Just curious whether there is such feature in postgres that allows you to
encrypt the trigger function. I don't want to expose the trigger function
content to the curious mind. Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

/Weng

On Apr 5, 2006, at 5:22 PM, Winson Yung wrote:

> Just curious whether there is such feature in postgres that allows
> you to encrypt the trigger function. I don't want to expose the
> trigger function content to the curious mind. Any suggestion will
> be much appreciated.

Not for SQL or pl/pgsql functions. You could write it in C and
compile it.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

I am not sure how to do it in C, could you give an example?
thanks