Re: pg_hba.conf and IP-MASK

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: pg_hba.conf and IP-MASK
Date: 2004-08-22 03:12:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

We have an IP-MASK column in pg_hba.conf. Now that we are using CIDR
addresses by default, should we remove the column label?

We still support the a netmask value if they don't use CIDR format, but
now that the default is CIDR, it seems we should remove the column
label.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

>We have an IP-MASK column in pg_hba.conf. Now that we are using CIDR
>addresses by default, should we remove the column label?

I would mark it optional.