Re: Draft release notes up for review

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Draft release notes up for review
Date: 2014-02-16 20:41:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Draft release notes for 9.3.3 are committed and can be read at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-3-3.html
Any comments before I start transposing them into the back branches?

regards, tom lane

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft release notes up for review
Date: 2014-02-17 03:56:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02/16/2014 03:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Draft release notes for 9.3.3 are committed and can be read at
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-3-3.html
> Any comments before I start transposing them into the back branches?

Major:

Do we have an explantion of what a multixact is, anywhere, so that we
can link it?

Minor:

ECPG or ecpg? Pick one or the other.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

> > Draft release notes for 9.3.3 are committed and can be read at
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-3-3.html
> > Any comments before I start transposing them into the back branches?
>
> Major:
>
> Do we have an explantion of what a multixact is, anywhere, so that we
> can link it?

Is this enough?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/routine-vacuuming.html#VACUUM-FOR-MULTIXACT-WRAPAROUND

>> Draft release notes for 9.3.3 are committed and can be read at
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-3-3.html
>> Any comments before I start transposing them into the back branches?

> Major:

> Do we have an explantion of what a multixact is, anywhere, so that we
> can link it?

Fixed. I did a bit of wordsmithing on the text Alvaro pointed to, too.

> Minor:

> ECPG or ecpg? Pick one or the other.

AFAICS, "ecpg" is the vast majority case in the release notes, so
that's what I've used.

regards, tom lane