Re: Information about Access methods

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl(dot)87(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Information about Access methods
Date: 2013-11-12 11:00:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am looking in Postgresql code for the first time. Specifically in
Indexing scheme.

I want to focus on B tree for my testing.

Inside access methods in Backend, I found "Index" folder and "Btree" folder
but i don't know which code to look for. i want to change something in B
tree implementation.

Please guide.

Regards,
Rohit Goyal

On 11/12/2013 07:00 PM, Rohit Goyal wrote:

> Inside access methods in Backend, I found "Index" folder and "Btree"
> folder but i don't know which code to look for. i want to change
> something in B tree implementation.

Start here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/indexam.html