Need "subscribe to this list" link from archives

Lists: pgsql-www
From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Need "subscribe to this list" link from archives
Date: 2013-06-11 18:50:52
Lists: pgsql-www

WWW,

In the changes to archives.postgresql.org, the link for "subscribe to
this list" got eliminated entirely. As a result, someone browsing
pgsql-performance archives and got there from google, for example, has
no idea how to subscribe to -performance unless they're already familiar
with our site structure.

We should have a link on every page of the archives to the subscription
form, at least. Thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> WWW,
>
> In the changes to archives.postgresql.org, the link for "subscribe to
> this list" got eliminated entirely. As a result, someone browsing
> pgsql-performance archives and got there from google, for example, has
> no idea how to subscribe to -performance unless they're already familiar
> with our site structure.
>
> We should have a link on every page of the archives to the subscription
> form, at least. Thanks!

Doesn't seem unreasonable. Can you provide a patch?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/

>> We should have a link on every page of the archives to the subscription
>> form, at least. Thanks!
>
> Doesn't seem unreasonable. Can you provide a patch?

I don't actually know where the archive-populating code lives.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>>> We should have a link on every page of the archives to the subscription
>>> form, at least. Thanks!
>>
>> Doesn't seem unreasonable. Can you provide a patch?
>
> I don't actually know where the archive-populating code lives.

Unsurprisingly, it's on git.postgresql.org:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgarchives.git;a=summary