Re: git trunk doesn't build

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: git trunk doesn't build
Date: 2011-11-07 11:14:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

http://pastebin.com/RjiRjGZc

this is on fedora 12, gcc 4.6.1

--
GJ

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: git trunk doesn't build
Date: 2011-11-07 11:57:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 07.11.2011 13:14, Gregg Jaskiewicz wrote:
> http://pastebin.com/RjiRjGZc
>
> this is on fedora 12, gcc 4.6.1

> rangetypes.c: In function ‘tsrange_subdiff’:
> rangetypes.c:1316:11: error: ‘timestamp’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> rangetypes.c:1316:11: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> rangetypes.c:1310:12: warning: unused variable ‘v2’ [-Wunused-variable]
> rangetypes.c:1309:12: warning: unused variable ‘v1’ [-Wunused-variable]
> rangetypes.c: In function ‘tstzrange_subdiff’:
> rangetypes.c:1332:11: error: ‘timestamp’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> rangetypes.c:1326:12: warning: unused variable ‘v2’ [-Wunused-variable]
> rangetypes.c:1325:12: warning: unused variable ‘v1’ [-Wunused-variable]

Looks like the range types patch was broken for float timestamps. I'll
go fix that. Thanks for the report!

--
Heikki Linnakangas

From: Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2011-11-07 12:01:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7 November 2011 11:57, Heikki Linnakangas

> Looks like the range types patch was broken for float timestamps. I'll go
> fix that. Thanks for the report!

yup, no probs.

--
GJ

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Gregg Jaskiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2011-11-07 12:14:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7 November 2011 11:57, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 07.11.2011 13:14, Gregg Jaskiewicz wrote:
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/RjiRjGZc
>>
>> this is on fedora 12, gcc 4.6.1
>
>> rangetypes.c: In function ‘tsrange_subdiff’:
>> rangetypes.c:1316:11: error: ‘timestamp’ undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> rangetypes.c:1316:11: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
>> once for each function it appears in
>> rangetypes.c:1310:12: warning: unused variable ‘v2’ [-Wunused-variable]
>> rangetypes.c:1309:12: warning: unused variable ‘v1’ [-Wunused-variable]
>> rangetypes.c: In function ‘tstzrange_subdiff’:
>> rangetypes.c:1332:11: error: ‘timestamp’ undeclared (first use in this
>> function)
>> rangetypes.c:1326:12: warning: unused variable ‘v2’ [-Wunused-variable]
>> rangetypes.c:1325:12: warning: unused variable ‘v1’ [-Wunused-variable]
>
> Looks like the range types patch was broken for float timestamps. I'll go
> fix that. Thanks for the report!

I notice that there are no machines in the build farm which build HEAD
and use float timestamps, so this could silently happen again unless
the Grzegorz Jaskiewiczs out there continue to report build issues.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company