Re: CommitFest 2010-11: Call for Reviewers

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-rrreviewers
From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CommitFest 2010-11: Call for Reviewers
Date: 2010-11-13 00:08:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

It's the time of year again where leaves are falling, temperatures
dropping, and patches cry out looking for one last review before the
start of the holiday season. The patches submitted so far are listed at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8 ,
featuring a mix of brand new ones with some going through their second
or third round of rework. Expect to see a furious weekend of last
minute patches that arrive just before the deadline too. The official
cut-off to start the CommitFest is Mon Nov 15 00:00:00 UTC.

If you're interested in reviewing a patch but haven't done so before,
the process is outlined at the following page:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers

All you have to do to "claim" a patch is update the CommitFest
application page to put your name down as the reviewer, then do the
review in a timely fashion. Look for the patches with the bright red
"Nobody" listed in the reviewer field.

If you have questions about which patch to work on, please try to keep
e-mail traffic related to topics like patch selection and volunteering
for a new round-robin assignment to the pgsql-rrreviewers mailing list.
Whereas the pgsql-hackers list is the right destination for the actual
review itself.

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 07:08:15PM -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> It's the time of year again where leaves are falling, temperatures
> dropping, and patches cry out looking for one last review before the
> start of the holiday season. The patches submitted so far are
> listed at
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8 ,
> featuring a mix of brand new ones with some going through their
> second or third round of rework. Expect to see a furious weekend of
> last minute patches that arrive just before the deadline too. The
> official cut-off to start the CommitFest is Mon Nov 15 00:00:00 UTC.
>
> If you're interested in reviewing a patch but haven't done so
> before, the process is outlined at the following page:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/RRReviewers
>
> All you have to do to "claim" a patch is update the CommitFest
> application page to put your name down as the reviewer, then do the
> review in a timely fashion. Look for the patches with the bright
> red "Nobody" listed in the reviewer field.
>
> If you have questions about which patch to work on, please try to
> keep e-mail traffic related to topics like patch selection and
> volunteering for a new round-robin assignment to the
> pgsql-rrreviewers mailing list. Whereas the pgsql-hackers list is
> the right destination for the actual review itself.

There's also an IRC channel

irc://irc.freenode.net/pg_charlie_foxtrot

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!