Re: srpm odd spec file?

Lists: pgsql-novice
From: "mark" <dvlhntr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: srpm odd spec file?
Date: 2010-09-28 01:27:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

So my configuration manager and I sat down to get pg 9.0 into our build/code
repo today and hit some oddities and was wondering if I was just doing it
wrong on my end or if there might be an issue with the srpm download for
RHEL 5 x86_64.

I downloaded the srpm and used that to make a rpm for our own internal use,
the odd thing was a lot of the pathing from the spec file seemed to use
directory paths that was, I thought, only used in beta roll outs.

e.g. a lot of the pathing was /usr/pgsql-9.0/ (when I thought final
releases were always without the version number in the dir name)

can someone who knows what they are doing just take a quick look and see if
I am wrong or if maybe something was missed when 9.0 went final?

Thanks

..: Mark