Re: pgAdmin III commit: Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created

Lists: pgadmin-hackers
From: git(at)pgadmin(dot)org
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin III commit: Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created
Date: 2010-09-23 20:12:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Date: 2010-09-23 20:20:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 23/09/2010 22:12, git(at)pgadmin(dot)org a écrit :
> Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created.

I'm terribly sorry. This must be the stupidest mistake I ever made on
the repo. I just pushed a branch there. I deleted it, so I don't think
it's really that bad. Magnus, any idea on this? a "git push origin
:mybugfixwork" should be enough, right? /me hopes no one had the time to
grab it.

Really feeling stupid on this one.

This happened because I'm writing a blog post on how to use the pgAdmin
Git repo. I think this could fit on a "what you should never do" section :-/

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 22:20, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 23/09/2010 22:12, git(at)pgadmin(dot)org a écrit :
>> Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created.

> I'm terribly sorry. This must be the stupidest mistake I ever made on

It happens...

> the repo. I just pushed a branch there. I deleted it, so I don't think
> it's really that bad. Magnus, any idea on this? a "git push origin
> :mybugfixwork" should be enough, right? /me hopes no one had the time to
> grab it.

Yeah, that should be enough. If somebody has cloned it meanwhile,
they'll just have to undo it themselves. For example, I just removed
it from the github mirror ;)

> Really feeling stupid on this one.
>
> This happened because I'm writing a blog post on how to use the pgAdmin
> Git repo. I think this could fit on a "what you should never do" section :-/

LOL. Yeah.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Le 23/09/2010 22:47, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 22:20, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Le 23/09/2010 22:12, git(at)pgadmin(dot)org a écrit :
>>> Branch refs/heads/mybugfixwork was created.

>> I'm terribly sorry. This must be the stupidest mistake I ever made on
>
> It happens...
>
>> the repo. I just pushed a branch there. I deleted it, so I don't think
>> it's really that bad. Magnus, any idea on this? a "git push origin
>> :mybugfixwork" should be enough, right? /me hopes no one had the time to
>> grab it.
>
> Yeah, that should be enough. If somebody has cloned it meanwhile,
> they'll just have to undo it themselves. For example, I just removed
> it from the github mirror ;)

Oh, thanks.

>> Really feeling stupid on this one.
>>
>> This happened because I'm writing a blog post on how to use the pgAdmin
>> Git repo. I think this could fit on a "what you should never do" section :-/
>
> LOL. Yeah.

I would really like if you could proof-read it. Can I send it to you
when I'm done with it?

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 22:53, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 23/09/2010 22:47, Magnus Hagander a écrit :

>>> I'm terribly sorry. This must be the stupidest mistake I ever made on
>>
>> It happens...
>>
>>> the repo. I just pushed a branch there. I deleted it, so I don't think
>>> it's really that bad. Magnus, any idea on this? a "git push origin
>>> :mybugfixwork" should be enough, right? /me hopes no one had the time to
>>> grab it.
>>
>> Yeah, that should be enough. If somebody has cloned it meanwhile,
>> they'll just have to undo it themselves. For example, I just removed
>> it from the github mirror ;)
>>

> Oh, thanks.
>
>>> Really feeling stupid on this one.
>>>
>>> This happened because I'm writing a blog post on how to use the pgAdmin
>>> Git repo. I think this could fit on a "what you should never do" section :-/
>>
>> LOL. Yeah.
>>

> I would really like if you could proof-read it. Can I send it to you
> when I'm done with it?

Certainly!

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Le 23/09/2010 22:47, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 22:20, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Le 23/09/2010 22:12, git(at)pgadmin(dot)org a écrit :
> [...]
>> the repo. I just pushed a branch there. I deleted it, so I don't think
>> it's really that bad. Magnus, any idea on this? a "git push origin
>> :mybugfixwork" should be enough, right? /me hopes no one had the time to
>> grab it.
>
> Yeah, that should be enough. If somebody has cloned it meanwhile,
> they'll just have to undo it themselves. For example, I just removed
> it from the github mirror ;)

It's still there on github. How did you remove it?

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 15:40, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 23/09/2010 22:47, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 22:20, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>> Le 23/09/2010 22:12, git(at)pgadmin(dot)org a écrit :
>> [...]
>>> the repo. I just pushed a branch there. I deleted it, so I don't think
>>> it's really that bad. Magnus, any idea on this? a "git push origin
>>> :mybugfixwork" should be enough, right? /me hopes no one had the time to
>>> grab it.
>>
>> Yeah, that should be enough. If somebody has cloned it meanwhile,
>> they'll just have to undo it themselves. For example, I just removed
>> it from the github mirror ;)
>>

> It's still there on github. How did you remove it?

It's not. It's cached on the web there somehow, but it's not in the
git repo. At least it wasn't last night (not in a position to check
right now).

I just pushed it with ":" at the start to the repo.

Le 24/09/2010 15:44, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 15:40, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Yeah, that should be enough. If somebody has cloned it meanwhile,
>>> they'll just have to undo it themselves. For example, I just removed
>>> it from the github mirror ;)
>>>

>> It's still there on github. How did you remove it?
>
> It's not. It's cached on the web there somehow, but it's not in the
> git repo. At least it wasn't last night (not in a position to check
> right now).
>
> I just pushed it with ":" at the start to the repo.

OK. I'll check a bit later.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr