Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

Lists: pgsql-docs
From: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-04-05 13:33:19
Lists: pgsql-docs

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-04-05 13:53:55
Lists: pgsql-docs

That would be very nice to have !

Oleg
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Rafael Martinez wrote:

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2010-04-05 14:02:12
Lists: pgsql-docs

Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no> writes:
> I am wondering if we have ever evaluated the use of explanatory diagrams
> in the PostgreSQL documentation.

There actually used to be some. We've moved away from them, I believe,
because of the difficulty of maintenance; which stems mainly from the
lack of any universally-available tools. Unless you can tell me what
you're going to draw the diagram with and how people on Unix, Windows,
or Mac could modify it later, I'm going to not be very interested ...

regards, tom lane