Re: psycopg2 license changed

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)initd(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psycopg2 license changed
Date: 2010-02-14 01:13:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi *,

I just wanted all interested people know that psycopg2 2.0.14 to be
released in the next few days will be under the LGPL3 + OpenSSL
exception (example code and tests under the LGPL3 alone because they are
never linked to OpenSSL).

The Zope 2 and 3 adapters will be splitted out into their own packages
after next release (i.e., during 2.0.15 development) to facilitate
easy_install, etc., and will be available under LGPL3 or ZPL.

Changes are already available from public git repository:

git://luna.dndg.it/public/psycopg2

I hope this makes everybody happy, have fun,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio fog(at)initd(dot)org
Everything will be OK at the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end.

On 2/13/10 5:13 PM, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I just wanted all interested people know that psycopg2 2.0.14 to be
> released in the next few days will be under the LGPL3 + OpenSSL
> exception (example code and tests under the LGPL3 alone because they are
> never linked to OpenSSL).

Yaaay!

Of course, now I'm on the hook to fix bugs.

--Josh Berkus

>> I just wanted all interested people know that psycopg2 2.0.14 to be
>> > released in the next few days will be under the LGPL3 + OpenSSL
>> > exception (example code and tests under the LGPL3 alone because they are
>> > never linked to OpenSSL).
> Yaaay!
>
> Of course, now I'm on the hook to fix bugs.

Bugs? Which bugs? :)

--
Federico Di Gregorio fog(at)initd(dot)org
I filosofi son come i sociologi: il mondo non lo capiscono. -- A.R.M.