Re: CommitFest status summary 2010-01-27

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest status summary 2010-01-27
Date: 2010-01-27 21:05:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have 20 remaining patches to deal with for the 2010-01 CommitFest.
I've attempted to break down the status of these patches below. The
good news is that almost half of the remaining patches are either
already marked as Ready for Committer, or have already been reviewed
once and will likely be marked Ready for Committer when they are
re-reviewed. If you are the reviewer for one of these patches, please
re-review and mark it either Waiting on Author if you find additional
issues or Ready for Committer if it looks good. The
somewhat-less-good news is that we still have at least four patches
that have not been reviewed at all, and one of those (plpython3) has
been very difficult to find a reviewer for. Some of the perl patches
have not yet been reviewed either, but I'm a little less concerned
about those because it seems that Andrew is working on those anyway:
still, if anyone feels inclined to volunteer, I believe Andrew has
said he would appreciate another pair of eyes.

Overall, I would say we're doing fairly well at working through this:
but most of the big patches are still ahead of us.

...Robert

Ready for Committer (4)
===================
Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync
More frame options in window functions
Typed tables
libpq new connect function (PQconnectParams)

Waiting for Re-Review (5)
=====================
Writeable CTEs
Listen / Notify rewrite
Prevent renaming on multiple inherited column
listagg aggregate
quoting psql variables (needs reverse review)

Waiting for Initial Review (4)
==========================
Remove obscure permission checks in FindConversion()
Provide rowcount for utility SELECTs
knngist (WIP)
plpython3 - no reviewer yet

Waiting for Updated Patch (2)
=========================
Remove gcc dependency in definition of "inline" functions
xpath non-nodeset result enabling

Other (5)
=====
Fix large object support in pg_dump
- Tom Lane suggested a new approach, nobody has coded it

rbtree
- Needs both more review and some updates from the author.

Add on_perl_init and proper destruction to plperl
Add on_trusted_init and on_untrusted_init to plperl
Package namespace and Safe init cleanup for plperl
- No reviewer listed, but Andrew Dunstan is working on these.

> have not yet been reviewed either, but I'm a little less concerned
> about those because it seems that Andrew is working on those anyway:
> still, if anyone feels inclined to volunteer, I believe Andrew has
> said he would appreciate another pair of eyes.

I have to be away from base for a couple of weeks starting Sunday in
family business. That will impact my ability to deal with those
remaining patches. In any case, I would still like more eyes on these
last pieces, which are a bit more complex and certainly more
controversial than the last few.

cheers

andrew