msvc build fails in Japanese environment

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: msvc build fails in Japanese environment
Date: 2009-12-30 02:29:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I try to build msvc version of postgres using the current cvs and
get the following error.

Unable to determine vcbuild version from first line of output! at
src/tools/msvc/Solution.pm line 70.

The error comes from the following output of vcbuild /? in my
environment.

Microsoft(R) Visual C++ Project Builder - コマンド ライン バージョン
8.00.50727

The "Command Line Version" part is localized.
In addtion there's no space between "Mircrosoft" and "(R)".

The attahced patch fixes the error in my environment.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Attachment Content-Type Size
Solution.patch text/plain 1012 bytes

2009/12/30 Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>:
> Hi,
>
> I try to build msvc version of postgres using the current cvs and
> get the following error.
>
> Unable to determine vcbuild version from first line of output! at
> src/tools/msvc/Solution.pm line 70.
>
> The error comes from the following output of vcbuild /? in my
> environment.
>
> Microsoft(R) Visual C++ Project Builder - コマンド ライン バージョン 8.00.50727
>
> The "Command Line Version" part is localized.
> In addtion there's no space between "Mircrosoft" and "(R)".

How typical of Microsoft to localize different strings in different languages :S

Since this is not the first time we've run into issues specifically
with the Japanese version of Windows, perhaps we should try to get a
japanese buildfarm member running?

Is this something you could help with? Or somebody else from our
Japanese community?

> The attahced patch fixes the error in my environment.

Applied, thanks.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/