Re: Fwd: pgAdmin III: timestamp displayed in what time zone?

Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
From: Fred Janon <fjanon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin III: timestamp displayed in what time zone?
Date: 2009-12-14 11:04:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am using Postgres 8.3. I have a table defined like this:

=======================
-- Table: timeson

-- DROP TABLE timeson;

CREATE TABLE timeson
(
id bigint NOT NULL,
enddatetime timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
startdatetime timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
times_id bigint,
CONSTRAINT timeson_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id),
CONSTRAINT fkb1af5ba5890cf3da FOREIGN KEY (times_id)
REFERENCES times (id) MATCH SIMPLE
ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
)
WITH (OIDS=FALSE);
ALTER TABLE timeson OWNER TO myfreo;

I populate the table with some data and use pgAdmin III 1.8.4 to view the
date "View date> first top100 rows". the question is: in what timezone are
the fields showed in pgAdmin? no timezone (as stored), the server time zone
or the time zone of the computer where pgAdmin runs?

Thanks

Fred