point_ops for GiST

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: point_ops for GiST
Date: 2009-11-23 13:33:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

patch implements operator class for GiST over points. Supported operations:
point << point
point >> point
point <^ point
point >^ point
point ~= point
point <@ box
box @> point
point <@ polygon
polygon @> point
point <@ circle
circle @> point
WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
point_ops-0.4.gz application/x-tar 4.5 KB

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: point_ops for GiST
Date: 2009-11-23 16:27:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2009/11/23 Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>:

> point   <@ box
> point   <@ polygon
> point   <@ circle

I've always wondered why we didn't have these

--
greg