Re: sun blade 1000 donation

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: andy <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sun blade 1000 donation
Date: 2009-05-28 01:43:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have a Sun blade 1000 that's just collecting dust now days. I was wondering if there were any pg-hackers that could find use for it.

Its dual UltraSPARC III 750 (I think) and has two 36? gig fiber channel scsi disks.

It weighs a ton.

I'd be happy to donate it to a good cause.

-Andy

> I have a Sun blade 1000 that's just collecting dust now days. I was
> wondering if there were any pg-hackers that could find use for it.
>
> Its dual UltraSPARC III 750 (I think) and has two 36? gig fiber channel
> scsi disks.
>
> It weighs a ton.
>
> I'd be happy to donate it to a good cause.

Feh, as much as we need more servers, we're really limited in our
ability to accept stuff which is large & high power consumption.

Now, if we had a DSL line we could hook it to, I could see using it for
the buildfarm; it would be interesting old HW / old Solaris for us.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Andy,
>
>> I have a Sun blade 1000 that's just collecting dust now days.  I was
>> wondering if there were any pg-hackers that could find use for it.
>>
>> Its dual UltraSPARC III 750 (I think) and has two 36? gig fiber channel
>> scsi disks.
>>
>> It weighs a ton.
>>
>> I'd be happy to donate it to a good cause.
>
> Feh, as much as we need more servers, we're really limited in our ability to
> accept stuff which is large & high power consumption.
>
> Now, if we had a DSL line we could hook it to, I could see using it for the
> buildfarm; it would be interesting old HW / old Solaris for us.

Would you like an IPC instead? Though building PG on it might take
longer than the average release cycle. ;)

--
Mike Rylander