Re: [SQL] How would I get rid of trailing blank line?

Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-sql
From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How would I get rid of trailing blank line?
Date: 2009-04-02 21:33:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

Hi Everybody,

I am using postgres 8.3.4 on linux.
I often use a line like:
psql -tf query.sql mydatabase > query.out

-t option gets rid of the heading and count
report at the bottom. There is a blank line
at the bottom, however. Is there any way to
have psql not give me that blank line?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu

"Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu> writes:
> I often use a line like:
> psql -tf query.sql mydatabase > query.out

> -t option gets rid of the heading and count
> report at the bottom. There is a blank line
> at the bottom, however. Is there any way to
> have psql not give me that blank line?

Doesn't look like it --- the final fputc('\n', fout); seems to be
done unconditionally in all the output formats. I wonder if we should
change that? I'm afraid it might break programs that are used to it :-(

regards, tom lane