Re: BUG #4393: failed toget system metics for terminal services:87

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Hemavathi B N" <alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4393: failed toget system metics for terminal services:87
Date: 2008-09-02 05:08:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4393
Logged by: Hemavathi B N
Email address: alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system: windows 2003
Details:

Dear Sir,

I am not able to install the postgresql
because of " to get system metics for terminal services:87" this error.

What is it? Please help me out in this

Looking for earliest response

Thanking you,

Hemavathi B N
080 22297368

From: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hemavathi B N <alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-09-02 07:21:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hemavathi B N wrote:

> Bug reference: 4393
> Logged by: Hemavathi B N
> Email address: alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
> Operating system: windows 2003
> Details:
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am not able to install the postgresql
> because of " to get system metics for terminal services:87" this error.
>
> What is it? Please help me out in this
>

> Looking for earliest response
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Hemavathi B N
> 080 22297368

My guess is that you are not installing from the console, but are using
terminal services. I don't think you can install from a terminal
services connection. Try installing directly from the console. If you
aren't able to sit in front of the machine, there is a way in win2003+
to allow you to connect directly to the console using remote desktop. I
don't remember what it is. Google should help you there though.

Regards

Russell

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Hemavathi B N <alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-09-02 14:58:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Hemavathi B N wrote:
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
>> Operating system: windows 2003

> My guess is that you are not installing from the console, but are using
> terminal services. I don't think you can install from a terminal
> services connection. Try installing directly from the console.

Also try a newer Postgres release, per the identical bug report posted
less than a week ago:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-08/msg00241.php
I believe this is something that's fixed as of 8.2.

regards, tom lane

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>, Hemavathi B N <alameenlibrary(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-09-02 16:35:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane wrote:
> Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
>> Hemavathi B N wrote:
>>> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
>>> Operating system: windows 2003
>
>> My guess is that you are not installing from the console, but are using
>> terminal services. I don't think you can install from a terminal
>> services connection. Try installing directly from the console.
>
> Also try a newer Postgres release, per the identical bug report posted
> less than a week ago:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-08/msg00241.php
> I believe this is something that's fixed as of 8.2.

Yes, IIRC that whole codepath has been rewritten. And 8.0 isn't
supported anymore (on windows), so you really sholdn't be installing
that on a new system :P

//Magnus