Dialogs review

Lists: pgadmin-hackers
From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dialogs review
Date: 2008-06-15 07:21:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all,

I'm thinking about doing a complete review of our dialogs. During my
work on the comment tab, I found many dialogs not using spacers and
sizers. So, I would like to add them and, if at all possible, make
dialogs growable. Of course, I'll wait the comment patch is applied
before working on this.

There's a question left to me. Should I do a complete review and send a
complete patch, or should I send one patch for each dialog? A complete
patch will be really hard to review. Having one patch for each dialog
will be simple to review but the number of patches needed will be a
major burden.

I tend to prefer the "one patch for each dialog" approach, but I would
like to know your thoughts on this.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

> I'm thinking about doing a complete review of our dialogs. During my
> work on the comment tab, I found many dialogs not using spacers and
> sizers. So, I would like to add them and, if at all possible, make
> dialogs growable. Of course, I'll wait the comment patch is applied
> before working on this.
>
> There's a question left to me. Should I do a complete review and send a
> complete patch, or should I send one patch for each dialog? A complete
> patch will be really hard to review. Having one patch for each dialog
> will be simple to review but the number of patches needed will be a
> major burden.
>
> I tend to prefer the "one patch for each dialog" approach, but I would
> like to know your thoughts on this.

Personally, I prefer one per dialog, for the reasons you state above.

//Magnus