Re: OT - pg perl DBI question

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OT - pg perl DBI question
Date: 2008-01-29 12:24:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi chaps,

I'm trying yo run a perl script that uses DBI (Slonys
psql_replication_check.pl to be precise) and I'm getting the error:

Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC

Now I do have the file in /usr/lib/perl5/DBD/ but the script can't
see it. I'm guessing that unless I fudge it and put the absoloute
path in the script, I need to set some sort of path somewhere, but
I'm lost as to what or where.

Could someone point me in the correct direction please?

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 04:24:05AM -0800, Glyn Astill wrote:
> I'm trying yo run a perl script that uses DBI (Slonys
> psql_replication_check.pl to be precise) and I'm getting the error:
>
> Can't locate Pg.pm in @INC
>
> Now I do have the file in /usr/lib/perl5/DBD/ but the script can't
> see it. I'm guessing that unless I fudge it and put the absoloute
> path in the script, I need to set some sort of path somewhere, but
> I'm lost as to what or where.
>
> Could someone point me in the correct direction please?

Run perl -V and see if the path is there for @INC. If it's there, check
such things as permissions. If not, ponder deeply as to why this is so
(as /usr/lib/perl5 is a standard path for perl in /usr) and if you can't
fix it 'properly' you can work-around with the use of 'use lib' (see
perldoc perlvar and search for @INC).

--
"To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
greatest tribute."

> such things as permissions. If not, ponder deeply as to why this is
> so
> (as /usr/lib/perl5 is a standard path for perl in /usr) and if you
> can't
> fix it 'properly' you can work-around with the use of 'use lib'
> (see
> perldoc perlvar and search for @INC).

perl -V shows

@INC:
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
/usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.8
/usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl

Should the subdirectory DBD be in there? Perl was setup using apt.