Re: Pgtheme: PostgreSQL theme for drupal 5.x and 6.x

Lists: pgeu-general
From: "Enrico Pirozzi" <sscotty71(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pgtheme: PostgreSQL theme for drupal 5.x and 6.x
Date: 2008-01-22 14:20:46
Lists: pgeu-general

psql.it team, the italian developer postgresql community, has proud to
announce that the first realease of Pgtheme for drupal 5.x and 6.x is
ready.

Pg-theme has been used on www.psql.it website and now is a pgfoundry
project for the postgresql community.You can see it at
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtheme/

Best Regards
Enrico

--
Enrico Pirozzi
www.enricopirozzi.info

> psql.it team, the italian developer postgresql community, has proud to
> announce that the first realease of Pgtheme for drupal 5.x and 6.x is
> ready.
>
> Pg-theme has been used on www.psql.it website and now is a pgfoundry
> project for the postgresql community.You can see it at
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtheme/
>

> Best Regards
> Enrico

Thank you to share your (good) work with drupal theme.

PGfr users will aprouve the upgrade of drupal and take the pgtheme ;)

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Enrico Pirozzi <sscotty71(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-22 19:34:24
Lists: pgeu-general

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 03:20:46PM +0100, Enrico Pirozzi wrote:
> psql.it team, the italian developer postgresql community, has proud
> to announce that the first realease of Pgtheme for drupal 5.x and
> 6.x is ready.

Why isn't this on -announce? :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-23 23:56:40
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello all,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 03:20:46PM +0100, Enrico Pirozzi wrote:
> psql.it team, the italian developer postgresql community, has proud to
> announce that the first realease of Pgtheme for drupal 5.x and 6.x is
> ready.
>
> Pg-theme has been used on www.psql.it website and now is a pgfoundry
> project for the postgresql community.You can see it at
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtheme/

some time ago we had a discussion about hosting websites for local
PostgreSQL user groups. If we provide some webspace, database and now
this nice looking theme: is someone interested in pushing local sites
for countries who don't have a established user group?

Bye bye

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 00:42:20
Lists: pgeu-general

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 08:16:04
Lists: pgeu-general

We already have a website for local user groups to use JD - as you are
well aware (running Drupal iirc).

If we were to do anything Europe-specific though, we'll use one of the
boxes in France. Your general use boxes are already far to loaded for
my taste (in terms of machine load and service hosted).

--
Sent from my mobile device

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 08:40:34
Lists: pgeu-general

On 24/01/2008, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> We already have a website for local user groups to use JD - as you are
> well aware (running Drupal iirc).
>
> If we were to do anything Europe-specific though, we'll use one of the
> boxes in France. Your general use boxes are already far to loaded for
> my taste (in terms of machine load and service hosted).

Gah, sorry - was reading the wrong graph. Scrub the machine load bit.

/D

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 15:44:23
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:16:04 +0000
"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> We already have a website for local user groups to use JD - as you are
> well aware (running Drupal iirc).

I wasn't actually thinking about it as the pugs sites and we are farm
from having a website for local user groups at this point. The current
one is something that looks like it was put up by a 12 year old in 1997.

I will agree the new one will be better as it is based on Drupal but I
have a feeling it may take a little longer to get that up than we
expected.

> If we were to do anything Europe-specific though, we'll use one of the
> boxes in France. Your general use boxes are already far to loaded for
> my taste (in terms of machine load and service hosted).

Well I did say the general infrastructure would be willing, which I am
of course fine with. Your statement about our load is fortunately not
true. You can review the munin graphs yourself if you like.

Services hosted *shrug*, we have proven were good at it.

Joshua D. Drake

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 15:45:40
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:40:34 +0000
"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> On 24/01/2008, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> > We already have a website for local user groups to use JD - as you
> > are well aware (running Drupal iirc).
> >
> > If we were to do anything Europe-specific though, we'll use one of
> > the boxes in France. Your general use boxes are already far to
> > loaded for my taste (in terms of machine load and service hosted).
>
> Gah, sorry - was reading the wrong graph. Scrub the machine load bit.

Hah! See my response ;) (which was to read the graphs).

Joshua D. Drake

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 16:18:00
Lists: pgeu-general

On Jan 24, 2008 3:44 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:16:04 +0000
> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>
> > We already have a website for local user groups to use JD - as you are
> > well aware (running Drupal iirc).
>
> I wasn't actually thinking about it as the pugs sites and we are farm
> from having a website for local user groups at this point. The current
> one is something that looks like it was put up by a 12 year old in 1997.

I won't comment on what's there, or how long it's going to take you to
fix it (though I assume it would be a similar amount of time as
provisioning a whole new site) - but it certainly is there for local
user groups - there's a bunch of them there already!

> I will agree the new one will be better as it is based on Drupal but I
> have a feeling it may take a little longer to get that up than we
> expected.

I thought the current one was Drupal, just an old version.

> Services hosted *shrug*, we have proven were good at it.

If you look at community01 (iirc), theres a bunch of distinctly
different services on it such as (Devrims?) mailserver, planetpg,
jabber, pgweb and more (from memory - I don't seem to have access any
more :-( ). Now I don't deny that they're all run well, but for a long
while now we've been provisioning distinct services on their own VMs
for security, ease of backup, upgrade, replacement, and moving (to
another host or data center) - it's a lesson we learned long ago, and
a way of operating that I'd rather not go back to.

/D

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-01-24 16:25:08
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:18:00 +0000
"Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> I won't comment on what's there, or how long it's going to take you to
> fix it (though I assume it would be a similar amount of time as
> provisioning a whole new site) - but it certainly is there for local
> user groups - there's a bunch of them there already!

Just so everyone understands, "I" am not the one fixing it. Selena is.
All I am doing is assisting her in infrastructure needs.

> > I will agree the new one will be better as it is based on Drupal
> > but I have a feeling it may take a little longer to get that up
> > than we expected.
>
> I thought the current one was Drupal, just an old version.

Old version of Word press (not that it matters).

> > Services hosted *shrug*, we have proven were good at it.
>
> If you look at community01 (iirc), theres a bunch of distinctly
> different services on it such as (Devrims?) mailserver, planetpg,
> jabber, pgweb and more (from memory - I don't seem to have access any
> more :-( ).

? You should... (have access that is)

> Now I don't deny that they're all run well, but for a long
> while now we've been provisioning distinct services on their own VMs
> for security, ease of backup, upgrade, replacement, and moving (to
> another host or data center) - it's a lesson we learned long ago, and
> a way of operating that I'd rather not go back to.

As someone who has been doing the whole web hosting business since your
only option was a 2400 modem I can tell you that the way we do it works
well. I am not arguing that the vm idea is invalid. In fact it is
something we are moving to but we are able to provision and rebuild (if
required) very quickly.

Anyway, I don't know why we are having this discussion. I am not
arguing one way or the other to host it at CMD. The France machines are
fine.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> /D

- --
The PostgreSQL Company: Since 1997, http://www.commandprompt.com/
Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
SELECT 'Training', 'Consulting' FROM vendor WHERE name = 'CMD'