Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?

Lists: pgsql-www
From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgres WWW List" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL conferences page?
Date: 2007-12-04 10:23:06
Lists: pgsql-www

> > This is for 100% dedicated pg conferences?
> > (The example of the php conference for example includes OSCON which
> > certainly isn't 100% PHP - would we be including OSCON on this list?)
> >
> > //Magnus
>
> Well, we'd have to set a policy. I'd also be in favor of anything which
> had a "PostgreSQL Day" or similar attached, e.g. FOSDEM.

Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?

/Magnus

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Postgres WWW List <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2007-12-04 11:19:11
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus,

> Ok. Do we want to publish it on the frontpage? As part of the events list or as a separate list?

Do we have *room*?

What I'd like on the front page would be a short list of "conference:
status," e.g.

PostgreSQL East Registration Open
PGCon Call for Papers
PostgreSQL Europe Planning

... for whatever the next 4-6 conferences are. Then each conference
name should link to the conferences page.

Alternately, we could just interleave it into the events.

Maybe I should give this more thought.

--Josh