Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Front page image

Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
From: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Front page image
Date: 2007-07-11 03:19:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Front page image
Date: 2007-07-11 03:23:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

http://www.commandprompt.com/

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2007-07-11 04:23:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:23:45PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> >TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
> >

> --
>
> === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===
> Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
> Providing the most comprehensive PostgreSQL solutions since 1997
> http://www.commandprompt.com/
>
> Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate
> PostgreSQL Replication: http://www.commandprompt.com/products/

phone: +1 415 235 3778 AIM: dfetter666
Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Front page image
Date: 2007-07-11 07:25:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 09:23:55PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 08:23:45PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > >
> > >Can we change the picture on the front page to something else,
> > >perhaps our standard elephant? The current picture is not
> > >offensive or anything, but I'm honestly not sure what it is
> > >supposed to convey.
> >
> > Looks like a passed out David Fetter to me. David?
>
> That is, indeed, me, taking a nap outside the Medici's chapel :)
>
> Perhaps a caption is in order ;)

Why is this not on -www? Moved there instead...

The intention is to replace it with a group picture once I've set up that
imagemap-with-names thing we've done for previous conferences.

//Magnus

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 20:23 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Looks like a passed out David Fetter to me. David?

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/index.php?/archives/153-For-those-who-already-asked.html

Devrim GÜNDÜZ