rename of a view

Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-patches
From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rename of a view
Date: 2007-06-28 11:31:17
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-patches

Hi all,

I got the question: how can I rename a view?
At the first moment, I have had no idea ... and I asked the German guys
at IRC.
They have had no idea too.

Than I just tried: alter table pgview rename to bettername;

that works, but there is no hint at the documentation, that you can
rename a view via alter table.
Is it possible to add a hint for this to the documentation?

Regards,

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht,