Re: MySQL Scalability issues due to glibc

Lists: pgsql-advocacy
From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MySQL Scalability issues due to glibc
Date: 2007-03-16 10:40:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi,

YFYI:

It seems that the famous MySQL scalability issues on SMP is due to a
glibc deficiency:

http://jeffr-tech.livejournal.com/6268.html#cutid1
http://ozlabs.org/~anton/linux/sysbench/

So we should stop beating on MySQL for this issue. :-)

HTH,
Markus
Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

www.nosoftwarepatents.org

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL Scalability issues due to glibc
Date: 2007-03-16 11:26:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> YFYI:
>
> It seems that the famous MySQL scalability issues on SMP is due to a
> glibc deficiency:
>
> http://jeffr-tech.livejournal.com/6268.html#cutid1
> http://ozlabs.org/~anton/linux/sysbench/
>
> So we should stop beating on MySQL for this issue. :-)

That's ok - there are plenty more :-)

/D

From: nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG Foundry in Spanish
Date: 2007-03-16 11:59:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Probably should be posting this to www, but:

When I go to Pgfoundry, the page is in Spanish. Traceroute shows it
bouncing around in Panama a bit.
After 55 years, I'm just beginning to get a reasonable grasp of English.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Eve,
Mike Ellsworth

> It seems that the famous MySQL scalability issues on SMP is due to a
> glibc deficiency:
>
> http://jeffr-tech.livejournal.com/6268.html#cutid1
> http://ozlabs.org/~anton/linux/sysbench/
>
> So we should stop beating on MySQL for this issue. :-)

Does that mean we can beat on GNU now?

http://www.commandprompt.com/

nhrcommu(at)rochester(dot)rr(dot)com wrote:
> Probably should be posting this to www, but:
>
> When I go to Pgfoundry, the page is in Spanish. Traceroute shows it
> bouncing around in Panama a bit.
> After 55 years, I'm just beginning to get a reasonable grasp of English.

This appears to have cleaned itself up?

http://www.commandprompt.com/

> > When I go to Pgfoundry, the page is in Spanish. Traceroute shows it
> > bouncing around in Panama a bit.
> > After 55 years, I'm just beginning to get a reasonable grasp of
> English.>
>
> This appears to have cleaned itself up?

Yup.

Thanks

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> > It seems that the famous MySQL scalability issues on SMP is due to a
> > glibc deficiency:
> >
> > http://jeffr-tech.livejournal.com/6268.html#cutid1
> > http://ozlabs.org/~anton/linux/sysbench/
> >
> > So we should stop beating on MySQL for this issue. :-)
>
> Does that mean we can beat on GNU now?

Feel free to do that, and ask People like Fefe (DietLibC author) for
permission. :-)

Regards,