Re: proposal: only superuser can change customized_options

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: proposal: only superuser can change customized_options
Date: 2007-02-02 16:33:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I want to use custmized option for security configuration one contrib
library. Currently customized options are usable only for default
configuration, because everybody can change it. It is substitution of global
variables.

Decision if option is protected or not can be based on name of option. Like:

customized_option = (utl_file)

utl_file.protected.dir = '/aaa:/bbb' .. can be modified by superuser
utl_file.readonly.dir = '/aaa:/mm' .. nobody can modify it

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Najdete si svou lasku a nove pratele na Match.com. http://www.msn.cz/