Re: pgAdmin III 1.6.2 sends plaintext password

Lists: pgadmin-support
From: patrimith <paddysmith(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin III 1.6.2 sends plaintext password
Date: 2007-02-15 19:57:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Greetings List!

I'm trying get remote management of postrgesql on Ubuntu 5.10 set up.

I am hoping to set up authentication in pg_hba.conf as

host all all 192.168.0.0/0 md5

but I wasn't successful. When I relaxed it to:

host all all 192.168.0.0/0 password

everything worked fine.

Can someone let me know how to configure pgAdmin so that it sends the
password md5 encrypted?

Thanks,

Patrick Smith
http://www.openengagement.com

> I'm trying get remote management of postrgesql on Ubuntu 5.10 set up.
>
> I am hoping to set up authentication in pg_hba.conf as
>
> host all all 192.168.0.0/0 md5
>
> but I wasn't successful. When I relaxed it to:
>
> host all all 192.168.0.0/0 password
>
> everything worked fine.
>
> Can someone let me know how to configure pgAdmin so that it sends the
> password md5 encrypted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick Smith
> http://www.openengagement.com

I currently talk to a PostgreSQL 8.2.3 server using PgAdmin 1.6.2 with
MD5 encrypted passwords just fine.
What is the value of "password_encryption" in your PostgreSQL server's
postgresql.conf file?

[root(at)byron ~]# cat /endeavour/dbstore/postgresql.conf|grep
'password_encryption'
password_encryption = on
[root(at)byron ~]#

Try setting it to 'on' and restarting your server.

Regards,

Andy.