Maintenance and External Projects (try 2)

Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-patches
From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: maintenance diff
Date: 2006-07-14 00:58:13
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-patches

Hello,

Updated to have stronger wording for vacuuming. Cleaned out some extra
superlatives. Added a couple of index entries for Routine Maintenance
and added entry specific to Analyze.

http://www.commandprompt.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
maintenance.diff text/plain 7.9 KB

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] maintenance diff
Date: 2006-07-14 07:49:27
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-patches

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Updated to have stronger wording for vacuuming. Cleaned out some
> extra superlatives. Added a couple of index entries for Routine
> Maintenance and added entry specific to Analyze.

diff -c please.

--
Peter Eisentraut

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: maintenance diff
Date: 2006-07-14 11:57:30
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-patches

On Thursday 13 July 2006 20:58, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Updated to have stronger wording for vacuuming. Cleaned out some extra
> superlatives. Added a couple of index entries for Routine Maintenance
> and added entry specific to Analyze.

I noticed a number of typos in this...

s/Gbord/Gborg/
s/Gforg/Gforge/
s/including, mailing/including mailing
s/forums and cvs/forums, and cvs,/
s/pgFoundry/PgFoundry/

I think there might be some other issues too... like saying gborg is
deprecated is likely to imply something wrong with the projects there rather
than the site itself.

There were a couple of other minor things I noticed too... Joshua, do you mind
if I make some changes and resubmit this patch?

--
Robert Treat

>> Updated to have stronger wording for vacuuming. Cleaned out some
>> extra superlatives. Added a couple of index entries for Routine
>> Maintenance and added entry specific to Analyze.
>
> diff -c please.

I have been properly chastised by Neil too. I will have if or you today :)

Sorry about that.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/

> On Thursday 13 July 2006 20:58, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Updated to have stronger wording for vacuuming. Cleaned out some extra
>> superlatives. Added a couple of index entries for Routine Maintenance
>> and added entry specific to Analyze.
>
> I noticed a number of typos in this...
>
> s/Gbord/Gborg/
> s/Gforg/Gforge/

(I am not surprised I did that)

> s/including, mailing/including mailing
> s/forums and cvs/forums, and cvs,/
> s/pgFoundry/PgFoundry/
>
> I think there might be some other issues too... like saying gborg is
> deprecated is likely to imply something wrong with the projects there rather
> than the site itself.

I can extend that... The Gborg site is deprecated and all current
projects are moving to Gforge.

> There were a couple of other minor things I noticed too... Joshua, do you mind
> if I make some changes and resubmit this patch?

Let me go back through it first please.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/