logfiles filling up

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Erik Myllymaki <erik(dot)myllymaki(at)aviawest(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: logfiles filling up
Date: 2006-05-03 07:02:09
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm running Postgresql 8.1.3 on Windows 2003.

logfiles fill with the following line:

"SSL SYSCALL error: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to
WSACancelBlockingCall."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

From: Erik Myllymaki <erik(dot)myllymaki(at)aviawest(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logfiles filling up
Date: 2006-05-03 13:35:33
Lists: pgsql-general

I will add to my initial post:

This is a fresh install with a small database (30MB over 12 tables), no other
applications on this server and only one user - it's a development machine.

And when I say the logfiles "fill up" I mean the entire partition fills,
rapidly, until there is "no room left on device".

The last time this happened it took less than 10 minutes for 7GB to fill.

Seems to happen every couple of days.

Shutting down Postgres and removing the logfiles, and then restarting Postgres
fixes things temporarily.