Re: create rule syntax

Lists: pgsql-docs
From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create rule syntax
Date: 2005-05-11 19:23:00
Lists: pgsql-docs

The manual shows slightly different variations for the create rule
syntax here and here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/rules-update.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createrule.html

The attached patches makes the first look like the second. The key change
is that it shows how multiple actions are delimited:

(actions) vs. (command ; command ...)

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
rule-syntax.patch text/plain 1.2 KB

> The manual shows slightly different variations for the create rule
> syntax here and here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/rules-update.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/sql-createrule.html
>
> The attached patches makes the first look like the second.

Applied, thanks.

-Neil