Re: Crystal Reports / PostgreSQL

Lists: pgsql-jdbc
From: "Kenneth Hutchinson" <Kenneth(dot)Hutchinson(at)RealPage(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Crystal Reports / PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-02-09 15:23:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

I am currently trying to reach a PostgreSQL database using Crystal
Reports v11. My goal is to design a simple report that I can call from
the Java viewer. Using the BO Xtreme database example everything is
fine, but when I flip the switch to remotely access a PostgreSQL db, a
connection is created in the Database Expert, but no tables are
displayed.

If I create a Command that has SQL like "select * from table XYZ", I do
get results back, but I don't understand why I have to do this if CR
designer won't show me the tables.

Also, every time I try to access my connection, it tells me that "This
method is not yet implemented". It doesn't tell me which method, though.

Can anyone shed some light on how to get PostgreSQL up and running with
Crystal Reports v11? Should I switch to v10?

Setup:

Crystal Reports v11

PostgreSQL db

PostgreSQL driver pg74.215.jdbc3.jar

jdk1.4.2_06

Thanks!

kh

This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary to RealPage and its affiliated companies. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, forwarding or copying of this communication is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.

> Also, every time I try to access my connection, it tells me that "This
> method is not yet implemented". It doesn’t tell me which method, though.
Don't you have a stack trace ?

> Can anyone shed some light on how to get PostgreSQL up and running with
> Crystal Reports v11? Should I switch to v10?

Did you try with the latest JDBC driver ?

> PostgreSQL db
Which version ?