Re: How to call a stored procedure in PostgreSQL

Lists: pgsql-odbc
From: "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>
To: "Pgsql-Odbc (E-mail)" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to call a stored procedure in PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-01-20 19:25:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,

How do I call a stored procedure in PostgreSQL? I tried "call procedure-name (arg 1, arg2)" but that does not seem to work...

Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl
web: www.askesis.nl

> How do I call a stored procedure in PostgreSQL? I tried "call procedure-name (arg 1, arg2)" but that does not seem to work...

select procedure(arg1,arg2)

or

select * from procedure(arg1,arg2)

depending on the type.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., your source for PostgreSQL replication,
professional support, programming, managed services, shared

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 640 bytes

Try "SELECT procedure-name(arg1, arg2)" as if it were a SELECT or INSERT
or UPDATE statement.
For example
if I have function named calc_square(int)
I could use "SELECT calc_square(2);"

Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>How do I call a stored procedure in PostgreSQL? I tried "call procedure-name (arg 1, arg2)" but that does not seem to work...
>
>Groeten,
>
>Joost Kraaijeveld
>Askesis B.V.
>Molukkenstraat 14
>6524NB Nijmegen
>tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
>fax: 024-3608416
>e-mail: J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl
>web: www.askesis.nl

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 283 bytes

"SELECT procedure_name(arg1, arg2)" for NON-select non-data returning
queries
"SELECT * FROM procedure_name(arg1, arg2)" for SELECT queries