Re: [Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.0.0-beta4 Windows 2000

Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
From: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
To: PostgreSQL Win32 port list <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.0.0-beta4 Windows 2000 Installation]
Date: 2004-11-08 04:43:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

forwarding a doc request from cygwin.

(Note: You might have to disable Norton Antivirus of you experience
problems.)
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
Cc: PostgreSQL Win32 port list <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: PostgreSQL 8.0.0-beta4 Windows 2000
Date: 2004-11-08 05:00:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Magnus is working on something that will print a better failure message
when the virus protection blocks PostgreSQL.

Reini Urban wrote:
> forwarding a doc request from cygwin.
>
> (Note: You might have to disable Norton Antivirus of you experience
> problems.)
> --
> Reini Urban
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

-- Start of included mail From: yuvaraj duraisamy <durai_yuvaraj(at)rediffmail(dot)com>

> Date: 1 Nov 2004 19:54:41 -0000
> To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: [CYGWIN] PostgreSQL 8.0.0-beta4 Windows 2000 Installation

> ?Hi
> I am new Postgresql. I downloaded and installed postgresql-8.0.0-beta4 on windows 2000 everything went smooth, after creating a database in the console; I could connect the database once with the php. After that no log nothing. After reinstallation also I got the same result. After wasting about 10 hours I got a clue and reinstalled after uninstalling the Norton Antivirus I am running successfully.
> Providing such a silly information will encourage help new users.
> Thanks for the OSS community
>
> With regards
> yuvaraj

-- End of included mail.