horology and DST changeover

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: horology and DST changeover
Date: 2004-10-31 22:05:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It's time for the 6 monthly discussion of the failure of the horology
tests during DST changeover.

I'd like to find a way to avoid this, so we don't get spurious buildfarm
failures for 2 or 3 days every six months. ISTM the first thing is to
isolate the tests that are sensitive to it into a separate script. Then
I'd like to have either some test that disables the sensitive tests
around DST changeover, or allows some alternative output during that
time. Detection of DST sensitivity should be a moderately simple perl
one-liner, and we already require perl to build anyway.

Thoughts?

cheers

andrew