Re: Another patch

Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers
From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another patch
Date: 2009-08-02 19:12:08
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

Hi Robert,

I'm ready for another patch. The prefix synonym patch is about done, I
just made some doc/comment suggestions.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another patch
Date: 2009-08-04 01:15:52
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Jeff Davis<pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> I'm ready for another patch. The prefix synonym patch is about done, I
> just made some doc/comment suggestions.

Thanks for all of your work so far. Could you take a look at "Merge
Append"? Tom already reviewed the planner parts of the patch, but I
think there are other things that could use some feedback. Since Greg
hasn't updated this in response to Tom's comments, I think that it
most likely won't get committed this CommitFest, but it would be
helpful for us to provide as much feedback as we can to help him
improve it for the next CommitFest.

Thanks,

...Robert

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 21:15 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Jeff Davis<pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> > I'm ready for another patch. The prefix synonym patch is about done, I
> > just made some doc/comment suggestions.
>
> Thanks for all of your work so far. Could you take a look at "Merge
> Append"? Tom already reviewed the planner parts of the patch, but I
> think there are other things that could use some feedback. Since Greg
> hasn't updated this in response to Tom's comments, I think that it
> most likely won't get committed this CommitFest, but it would be
> helpful for us to provide as much feedback as we can to help him
> improve it for the next CommitFest.

Ok, sounds good. Like before, it will probably take me about a week.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Jeff Davis<pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 21:15 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Jeff Davis<pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
>> > I'm ready for another patch. The prefix synonym patch is about done, I
>> > just made some doc/comment suggestions.
>>
>> Thanks for all of your work so far.  Could you take a look at "Merge
>> Append"?  Tom already reviewed the planner parts of the patch, but I
>> think there are other things that could use some feedback.

For what it's worth the planner side of things was precisely the area
I needed feedback on. I'm not sure I know exactly what to do here but
I suppose Tom's done all he could and nobody else is going to be able
to help more. I'm happy with moving this to Returned with feedback.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Greg Stark<gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 2:28 AM, Jeff Davis<pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for all of your work so far.  Could you take a look at "Merge
>>> Append"?  Tom already reviewed the planner parts of the patch, but I
>>> think there are other things that could use some feedback.
>
> For what it's worth the planner side of things was precisely the area
> I needed feedback on. I'm not sure I know exactly what to do here but
> I suppose Tom's done all he could and nobody else is going to be able
> to help more. I'm happy with moving this to Returned with feedback.

Well, in that case, never mind...

...Robert

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Greg Stark<gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu> wrote:

>> For what it's worth the planner side of things was precisely the area
>> I needed feedback on. I'm not sure I know exactly what to do here but
>> I suppose Tom's done all he could and nobody else is going to be able
>> to help more. I'm happy with moving this to Returned with feedback.
>
> Well, in that case, never mind...

Jeff,

Given Greg's comments here, could you do an additional review of
"Parser's hook based on FuncCall"?

Thanks,

...Robert