log_line_info plan

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: hong(dot)ge(at)yale(dot)edu
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How can I have 2 completely seperated databases in PostgreSQL?
Date: 2004-02-11 21:36:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, all

What should I do if I want to have 2 completely seperated databases in
PostgreSQL? I want each database to have its own data, log and
everything needed to access that database. I don't want them to share
anything. Has anyone done this before? Or,
could anyone give me some clue of how to do this?

Thank you very much.

Hong Ge

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 hong(dot)ge(at)yale(dot)edu wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> What should I do if I want to have 2 completely seperated databases in
> PostgreSQL? I want each database to have its own data, log and
> everything needed to access that database. I don't want them to share
> anything. Has anyone done this before? Or,
> could anyone give me some clue of how to do this?

You're telling us what you want, but not the why. The why may help us to
figure out both how to do it, and whether or not it's a good idea.

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:36, hong(dot)ge(at)yale(dot)edu wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> What should I do if I want to have 2 completely seperated databases in
> PostgreSQL? I want each database to have its own data, log and
> everything needed to access that database. I don't want them to share
> anything. Has anyone done this before? Or,
> could anyone give me some clue of how to do this?

You will need to initdb 2 locations and start 2 instances on separate ports.