Re: PSQL error connection

Lists: pgsql-admin
From: ee97010(at)fe(dot)up(dot)pt
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PSQL error connection
Date: 2002-03-26 14:00:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.
I wonder if you could help me? When i tried to make a connection to my database
Postgres by TCP/IP the following ocurred:

Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() -- connect()
failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'dionisio'
and accepting connections on TCP/IP port 5432?

My PHP script is:
$conn = pg_connect("host=remote_host
dbname=myDB
user=username
password=pass");

Thanks for your atention and looking forward to hear from you soon,

Carla Pereira

> I wonder if you could help me? When i tried to make a connection to my database
> Postgres by TCP/IP the following ocurred:
>
> Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() -- connect()
> failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'dionisio'
> and accepting connections on TCP/IP port 5432?

Actually reading the error message and answering the question contained
therein might be a good start.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net

At 07:00 AM 3/26/2002 , ee97010(at)fe(dot)up(dot)pt wrote:
>Warning: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: connectDBStart() --
>connect()
>failed: Connection refused Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'dionisio'
>and accepting connections on TCP/IP port 5432?

So =is= your postmaster running with a '-i'?

Try "pg_ctl status" to find out.

-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22) chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com
Eldorado Computing, Inc. 602-604-3100