recovery.conf.sample

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: recovery.conf.sample
Date: 2010-02-23 04:44:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

recovery.conf.sample has the following section for Hot Standby.
Is this still required?

> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> # HOT STANDBY PARAMETERS
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> #
> # If you want to enable read-only connections during recovery, enable
> # recovery_connections in postgresql.conf
> #
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heikki classified the recovery options into the following three
groups, in the document.

26.1. Archive recovery settings
26.2. Recovery target settings
26.3. Standby server settings

OTOH, recovery.conf.sample has classified them into the following
two groups. This is inconsistent with the document, and looks
confusing. How about modifying recovery.conf.sample to make the
grouping the same?

ARCHIVE RECOVERY PARAMETERS
LOG-STREAMING REPLICATION PARAMETERS

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> recovery.conf.sample has the following section for Hot Standby.
> Is this still required?
>
>> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> # HOT STANDBY PARAMETERS
>> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> #
>> # If you want to enable read-only connections during recovery, enable
>> # recovery_connections in postgresql.conf
>> #
>> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

> Heikki classified the recovery options into the following three
> groups, in the document.
>
>    26.1. Archive recovery settings
>    26.2. Recovery target settings
>    26.3. Standby server settings
>
> OTOH, recovery.conf.sample has classified them into the following
> two groups. This is inconsistent with the document, and looks
> confusing. How about modifying recovery.conf.sample to make the
> grouping the same?
>
>    ARCHIVE RECOVERY PARAMETERS
>    LOG-STREAMING REPLICATION PARAMETERS

The attached patch removes the unnecessary section about HS from
recovery.conf.sample. Also it changes the grouping of parameters
in recovery.conf.sample as mentioned above.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
change_recovery_conf_sample_v1.patch text/x-patch 1.6 KB