Re: make installcheck on non-default ports

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: make installcheck on non-default ports
Date: 2003-11-26 04:17:56
Lists: pgsql-patches

I was trying to set up my dev box for multiple simultaneous Postgres
installs (7.3 stable, 7.4 stable, cvs head) and discovered that
`make installcheck` did not honor the default port assigned at configure
time. I view this as a bug.

The attached resolves the issue for all three versions.

Any objections to me applying this to cvs head? What about 7.3 and 7.4
stable branches?

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress-port-fix.patch text/plain 1.7 KB

> I was trying to set up my dev box for multiple simultaneous Postgres
> installs (7.3 stable, 7.4 stable, cvs head) and discovered that
> `make installcheck` did not honor the default port assigned at configure
> time. I view this as a bug.
>
> The attached resolves the issue for all three versions.
>
> Any objections to me applying this to cvs head? What about 7.3 and 7.4
> stable branches?

BTW, a similar change is needed in contrib/contrib-global.mk so that
`make installcheck` will work for contrib. New patch attached.

Joe

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress-port-fix.patch text/plain 2.5 KB