Re: Unix sockets permissions problem

Lists: pgsql-cygwin
From: Ian Burrell <ib(at)onsitetech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unix sockets permissions problem
Date: 2003-07-18 22:18:38
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Does anyone know what the problem with the permissions for Unix sockets
with PostgreSQL and Cygwin? The socket file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 is
always created with 700 permissions. This means that it is not
accessible to normal users.

It is possible to change the permissions with the chmod command:

chmod a+rwx /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Is this a bug in Cygwin? Cygipc? PostgreSQL? What needs to be done to
get it fixed?

- Ian

> Does anyone know what the problem with the permissions for Unix sockets
> with PostgreSQL and Cygwin? The socket file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 is
> always created with 700 permissions. This means that it is not
> accessible to normal users.

Change unix_socket_permissions in postgresql.conf (and possibly check the
system umask).

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net