Re: Anybody here?

Lists: pgsql-advocacy
From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Anybody here?
Date: 2002-10-07 18:11:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anybody here?
Date: 2002-10-07 18:31:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

- Indira Gandhi

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2002-10-07 18:46:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Justin,

Who else is here? You don't need my introduction, but here it goes:

Hi! I'm Josh Berkus. I've been using PostgreSQL professionally for over 2
years, and I've been the Marketing Lead for the OpenOffice.org project for
the last year-and-a-half.

I'd like to help out with Postgres Advocacy, particularly dealing with the
Press, which I enjoy in a masochistic kinda way.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

> Who else is here? You don't need my introduction, but here it goes:

Um, Bruce Momjian is here. Robert Treat is here, Shridhar Daithankar
should have confirmed his subscription to pgsql-advoacy by now, a couple
of others at least too.

:)

> Hi! I'm Josh Berkus. I've been using PostgreSQL professionally for over 2
> years, and I've been the Marketing Lead for the OpenOffice.org project for
> the last year-and-a-half.

And doing a decent job too. :)

> I'd like to help out with Postgres Advocacy, particularly dealing with the
> Press, which I enjoy in a masochistic kinda way.

Hey, that's my Gig! :-p

Heh Heh Heh

For a different tact, am thinking we should probably start organising
language-specific contacts. Not country based ones at the moment (am
pretty sure things aren't ready for that just yet), but definitely
language based ones.

After launching the Advocacy site, within about 72 hours we had offers
to translated it into German, French, Polish, Finnish, Brazilian
Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, and another I think (exactly which is
eluding me just now).

Thoughts?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> --
> -Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

- Indira Gandhi

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 14:58, Justin Clift wrote:
> After launching the Advocacy site, within about 72 hours we had offers
> to translated it into German, French, Polish, Finnish, Brazilian
> Portuguese, Italian, Swedish, and another I think (exactly which is
> eluding me just now).
>
> Thoughts?

I thought I saw someone (you?) post that you had a spanish translator.
If you don't and we can't find one, I could probably do it, though I am
not a native speaker.

Robert Treat