Re: CommitFest rules

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest rules
Date: 2008-07-03 18:44:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

it concerns me that despite it being day 3 of the July commit fest,
people are still being advised to add new items to the wiki page.

To make the idea work, we need to stick to the rules we defined when
we came up with the concept - specifically, no new patches once the
fest begins!

So please - new patches to the September page!

Regards, Dave

--
Dave Page

On 7/3/08, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> it concerns me that despite it being day 3 of the July commit fest,
> people are still being advised to add new items to the wiki page.
>
> To make the idea work, we need to stick to the rules we defined when
> we came up with the concept - specifically, no new patches once the
> fest begins!
>
> So please - new patches to the September page!

But updates to existing patches should be ok?

--
marko

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On 7/3/08, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>> it concerns me that despite it being day 3 of the July commit fest,
>> people are still being advised to add new items to the wiki page.
>>
>> To make the idea work, we need to stick to the rules we defined when
>> we came up with the concept - specifically, no new patches once the
>> fest begins!
>>
>> So please - new patches to the September page!
>
> But updates to existing patches should be ok?

Yes.

--
Dave Page

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 20:06 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > On 7/3/08, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> >> it concerns me that despite it being day 3 of the July commit fest,
> >> people are still being advised to add new items to the wiki page.

> >> So please - new patches to the September page!
> >
> > But updates to existing patches should be ok?
>
> Yes.

Perhaps this would be helpful:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest:Help

Joshua D. Drake

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> it concerns me that despite it being day 3 of the July commit fest,
> people are still being advised to add new items to the wiki page.
>
> To make the idea work, we need to stick to the rules we defined when
> we came up with the concept - specifically, no new patches once the
> fest begins!
>
> So please - new patches to the September page!

One of the two patches added post jul-1 was libpq event hooks, which
was a holdover from the june fest -- it wasn't a 'late breaking
patch', just a procedural oversight. It was put there immediately
after reading the 'did we miss any patches' thread on -hackers. Can't
speak as to the other patch.

merlin

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> it concerns me that despite it being day 3 of the July commit fest,
> people are still being advised to add new items to the wiki page.
>
> To make the idea work, we need to stick to the rules we defined when
> we came up with the concept - specifically, no new patches once the
> fest begins!
>
> So please - new patches to the September page!
>
> Regards, Dave

The one I advised be added (the Auto Explain patch) was posted on Mar
29, 2008 (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-03/msg01214.php),
re-posted the Jun 30th and then an updated patch today... It only
being the 3rd i figured it still meet the criteria. If thats not the
case, I apologize.