Re: OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OSSP UUID present but cannot be compiled
Date: 2013-02-22 04:48:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While building 9.2.3 on OS X 10.8.2 today:

checking ossp/uuid.h usability... no
checking ossp/uuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING: ## ---------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org ##
configure: WARNING: ## ---------------------------------------- ##
checking for ossp/uuid.h... yes

So you asked for it. Here's how I configured Postgres:

./configure --with-bonjour --with-perl PERL=$PERL \
--with-openssl --with-pam --with-krb5 --with-libxml \
--with-ossp-uuid --with-includes=/usr/local/include \
--enable-integer-datetimes --with-zlib \
--with-libs=/usr/local/lib

And here's how I configured OSSP UUID:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \
--includedir=/usr/local/include/ossp

I think I have reported this before. Maybe it's not worth worrying about? I seem to be able to install the uuid-ossp extension and it works. So Ignore?

Thanks,

David

"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com> writes:
> While building 9.2.3 on OS X 10.8.2 today:
> checking ossp/uuid.h usability... no
> checking ossp/uuid.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?

> I think I have reported this before. Maybe it's not worth worrying about? I seem to be able to install the uuid-ossp extension and it works. So Ignore?

Yeah, you did:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/62FDD311-1AFC-4296-95D8-5751D1407B71@justatheory.com

I still think it's incumbent on OSSP to fix this, not us. Or if
they've gone dead, maybe we need to start looking for some other
source of uuid support.

regards, tom lane