Re: what is the default username password for PostgreSQL, which was installed with FC5.

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Purusothaman A" <purusothaman(dot)a(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: what is the default username password for PostgreSQL, which was installed with FC5.
Date: 2006-10-27 09:15:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I am using a Fedora Core 5 system.
I want to know what is the default username password for PostgreSQL, which
was installed with FC5.

:)
Purusothaman A

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Purusothaman A <purusothaman(dot)a(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2006-10-27 09:20:23
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 02:45:57PM +0530, Purusothaman A wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using a Fedora Core 5 system.
> I want to know what is the default username password for PostgreSQL, which
> was installed with FC5.

I'm not sure if there is one. However, usually you su to the postgres
user which will let you in without a password. There you use
"createuser" to make a user for yourself.

Note, it really depends how the distributor has set the system up.
Allowing the "postgres" user password-less access is common because it
allows cronjobs as user "postgres" (backups for example) to run without
any extra configuration.

Have a nice day,