Re: log ssl mode with connections?

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: log ssl mode with connections?
Date: 2007-01-30 16:28:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just turned on SSL for a test server and noticed that SSL mode isn't
logged with the connection. Should it be? It should be relatively simple
to add.

cheers

andrew

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: log ssl mode with connections?
Date: 2007-01-30 16:56:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I just turned on SSL for a test server and noticed that SSL mode isn't
> logged with the connection. Should it be?

Why?

regards, tom lane

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2007-01-30 17:10:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> I just turned on SSL for a test server and noticed that SSL mode isn't
>> logged with the connection. Should it be?
>>

> Why?

If I am allowing both SSL and non-SSL I might like to know which is used
by a particular connection.

cheers

andrew